Transitions is an orientation program specifically for international students.
Through a series of workshops and tours, international students learn about UAlberta’s academic environment and get tips on adjusting to life in Canada. Advisors are on-hand to answer all your questions.
Transitions also includes several social activities, so it’s a great way to meet students from other countries, make friends, and have fun!
Transitions is held twice each year:
- late August/early September for students starting in Fall Term
- early January for students starting in Winter Term
Fall 2013 Transitions Orientation
August 28-30, 2013
International students starting studies at UAlberta in September are asked to pre-register for Fall Transitions 2013.
Undergraduate and graduate students are encouraged to attend. Registration is free (no cost).
- Introduction to International Orientation
- Parents' Welcome Reception (August 28)
- Health Insurance
- Immigration Procedures
- Surviving and Thriving in Canada/ Programs & Services for International Students
- Student Concerns/ Cross Cultural Adjustment
Students’ Union and Graduate Students’ Association Welcome
- Academic Responsibilities!
- Library Presentation
- Campus Tour
Check back for a detailed schedule.
See what Transitions is like:
We're always looking for help. Why not be a Transitions volunteer?
Visit the International Centre, a support centre specifically for international students.